Its Christmas time, and what better way of spending time, than watching some high quality cricket, around the clock, and from around the world. First, of course there is the Ashes, with the possibility of England retaining the Ashes well before the New Year; then there, is the India-SA clash, with both teams itching to prove that they are the better team. We also have a Pak-NZ clash down under, where two teams who have had tumultuous years will be desperate to start the new year well. Here, then, is my Christmas wish-list:
- For Australia to display the same performance they did at Perth.
- For England to show that their performance in the same match was just a matter of one bad game.
- For Watson to finally score a century (hey, I’m in the Christmas spirit!)
- For Ponting to display some of his old batting brilliance.
- For Beer to play, so that we can all be subjected to some creative, and some horrible, puns.
- For Swann to showcase a masterclass of spin.
- For the English bowling to prove that they don’t need Broad again (wishful thinking, really)
- Finally, for Australia to lose in a nail-biting finish.
- For the Boxing day test, to be a contest worthy of a clash between the top two teams in the world.
- For more bowler-friendly conditions for the two teams.
- For India to show some spunk in the batting, in tough conditions.
- For the Indian bowlers to jog their memory, and try to remember how to take wickets.
- For Harbhajan to forget his batting and concentrate more on his bowling.
- For Zaheer to stay fit for the next 3 months at the least.
- For the likes of Amla, Kallis, Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman to display some vintage Test batting.
- For Paul Harris to be smashed out of the attack.
- Finally, for India to win the Test, so that the 3rd Test will be worth watching.
Merry Christmas, everybody, and have a joyful new year!!