- MS Dhoni’s improved luck with winning the toss continues.
- Sehwag ‘s role in the Test team has been modified to be a pinch hitter at the top, and to take the occasional sharp catch, which he can boast about to the press after the game.
- Tendulkar’s strike rate in the only innings indicated that he was trying his best to ensure that the Indian team did not miss Dravid’s absence.
“…but, how did you know??”
- Raina has devised a new solution to deal with his perceived weakness against short balls: – Get out to spinners.
- Pujara is bringing ‘Che’ back in to pop culture.
- Ravi Ashwin has been working extra hard on his fitness, apparently. When he bent down to take a sharp catch from Jeetan Patel’s blade in the first innings, the surprised expressions on the faces of his team-mates was something to behold.
- Umesh Yadav and Zaheer Khan duly made up the numbers as they pretty much had to take the shine off the new ball and hand it over to the spinners.
- Oh, and apparently all the New Zealand batsmen have been watching the ‘Learn to bat like Chris Martin’ DVD.
Nobody does ‘bowled’ like Chris Martin